General Terms and Conditions BOOK A TIGER
BOOK A TIGER Netherlands B.V., located at Weteringschans 165-C, 1017 XD in Amsterdam and registered with the Dutch Trade Register under number 64492176 (“BAT”, “we” or “us”) operates an online platform (“Platform”) – inter alia, via its website www.bookatiger.com and mobile application – through which it offers customers (“Customer(s)” or “you”) cleaning services and other household-related services.
Section 1 Scope
The following General Terms and Conditions (“GTC”) apply to all our services in the Netherlands and all contracts concluded between You and Us.
Section 2 Account
To use our services, you must create a personal account and provide us certain personal information such as name, address, phone number and e-mail address. You agree to provide us accurate and true information. Please keep your password safe. You are solely responsible for safeguarding your password. You may terminate your account at any time. We reserve the right to terminate your account in case of inappropriate use.
Section 3 Conclusion of the contract
As soon as you place a booking through our Platform (e.g. by clicking on the “PLACE BOOKING” button), you will enter into a binding contract with BAT.
Section 4 Content of the offer
(1) BAT performs its services on the basis of the specifications defined by you in the order (whereby you need to specify e.g. the start, duration, frequency and specific additional services - inter alia, interior cleaning of a refrigerator, interior cleaning of an oven, laundry and/or ironing).
(2) The cleaning services are performed by employed cleaning staff who are bound by the instructions of BAT.
Section 5 Acceptance
(1) The services performed by BAT shall be deemed as fulfilled in accordance with the contract and accepted - insofar as endeavouring to achieve success not merely owed - if you do not raise objections in written form immediately after the service provision (this applies equally to one-off and recurring services of BAT), whereby the nature, scope, time and location of the asserted objections must be precisely described.
(2) You may not refuse the acceptance of the service performed by BAT due to insignificant defects.
Section 6 Cancellation right
If you are a consumer, you are entitled to a cancellation right. A consumer is any natural person, who concludes a legal transaction for private, non-commercial purposes. This Section 6 only applies to such customers.
You have the right to cancel your booking within fourteen days calculated from the day of confirmation of the booking by BAT. In order to exercise your cancellation right, you must inform us by e-mail (email@example.com) or in writing (BOOK A TIGER Netherlands B.V., Weteringschans 165-C, 1017 XD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands). To preserve the cancellation time limit, it is sufficient if you dispatch the notification about exercising the right of cancellation prior to the expiry of the cancellation time limit.
Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel your booking, we will immediately refund you with all payments received from you, and in any case no later than within fourteen days from the day as of which the notification about your cancellation is received by us. If you have requested our services to start within fourteen days of your booking and at the moment of cancellation the services (or a part thereof) are already provided, you will be obliged to pay for the services already rendered.
Cancellation Form Template
If you intend to cancel the contract, please fill out this form and return it to us by e-mail or regular mail.
- I hereby cancel the booking made by me on:
- I would like to cancel the following services:
- Reason of cancellation (not required):
- Signature (only required in case of cancellation by regular mail):
Section 7 Change and cancellation of bookings
(1) For changes or cancellations of bookings, you will be invoiced with a processing fee, unless in case of cancellation in accordance with Section 6. The amount of the processing fee is based, inter alia, on the nature of the booking and moment of change/cancellation, and will be calculated in accordance with the “Change and cancellation conditions”, which are available at: https://www.bookatiger.com/nl-nl/cancellation-policy. These Change and cancellation conditions apply to all changes and cancellations, as well as “de facto cancellations”. A “de facto cancellation” exists, if you make the execution of our services impossible due to your own behaviour, such as (inter alia): providing us an incorrect or non-existing address or name, incorrect name on doorbell sign or building, providing us other incorrect information necessary to carry out our services, if you are not present at the given address or not contactable at the start time of the services, if entry to the property for the booked services is not possible.
(2) Changes in relation to the date, time or scope of the booking, must be reviewed and confirmed by BAT. You have no entitlement to the fulfilment of these changes before you have received a confirmation from BAT.
Section 8 Liability of BAT
BAT is not liable for:
(1) direct or indirect damages that you might suffer as a consequence of the use of our services whether based on warranty, contract, or any other legal theory;
(2) for damages that result from third-party faults or interruptions in the availability of our Platform due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. unavailability of the Internet).
Section 9 Indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold BAT harmless from any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, as a consequence of the use of our services. However, this limitation of liability does not intend to exclude our liability in case of wilful misconduct or gross negligence.
Section 10 Payment terms
(1) Invoices need to be paid ultimately at the date that is written on the invoice.
(2) You may grant BAT a SEPA mandate to collect the amount due. The collection of the relevant amount will take place within 7 days after the invoice date. The notice period for pre-notification is shortened to 7 calendar days. You guarantee that your bank account covers the amount due. Costs that are incurred by us due to non-redemption or reversal of the direct debit are for your account, unless the non-redemption or reversal was caused by BAT.
Section 11 Term/termination of the contractual relationship
The term of the contractual relationship between you and BAT depends on the type of services you have booked. If you have booked one-off cleaning service, our contractual relationship ends automatically with the provision of the services. If you have booked regularly recurring cleaning services, the contract is concluded for an indefinite period of time, and in that case you may terminate the contract at any time with on the understanding that services already rendered will be invoiced.
Section 12 Rules of conduct
BAT expects you to respect the rights and privacy of our staff and representatives of BAT. When using BAT, you agree and declare not to act:
a) discriminatory, offensive, threatening, obscene, degrading, unlawful, unsafe, harmful, abusive, harassing, stalking, hateful, defamatory, fraudulent, offensive, inappropriate, vulgar or otherwise objectionable towards our staff and representatives ;
b) false or misleading;
c) violate any right of BAT, our staff or a third-party, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, privacy or any other personal or (intellectual) proprietary right;
d) violate any applicable law, rule or regulation, or could give rise to legal liability; or
e) be in any other manner unlawful against BAT, our staff or any third party.
Section 13 Data protection
Section 14 Changes to the GTC
In the event of valid reasons (e.g. changes to the legal situation, the supreme court case law or market situation, expansion or adaptation of BAT’s services etc.), BAT is entitled to change these GTC. Any changes will only take place to the necessary extent. BAT will notify the Customer about significant changes by e-mail. The updates or changes of the GTC will also be posted on our website. You can review the most current version of the GTC at any time on our website. Your continued use of our services following a notification of changes constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Section 15 Questions and Complaints
BAT always strives for optimal service. If you have complaints, questions or suggestions, please let us know by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 16 Final provisions
(1) All changes, amendments and rescissions of these GTC require the written form in order to be effective/valid; this applies equally to the rescission of this written form requirement.
(2) Should individual provisions of the contracts concluded on the basis of these GTC be invalid or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions will remain unaffected by this. Invalid provisions shall be replaced by such provisions, which come as close as possible to the commercial objective of the provisions intended by the parties, in terms of content and purpose.
(3) These GTC and all agreements between you and BAT shall only be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands.
(4) All disputes arising out of or in connection with these GTC and all agreements between you and BAT shall be exclusively submitted to the competent court of Amsterdam in the Netherlands.